This chapter is a filler for the book with 35 Bible texts in the 11 pages. It does not give any new information or add to the substance of the total story of the Controversy except as the texts are used in their form.
1, "Canst thou by searching find out God? Canst thou find out the Almighty unto perfection?" "My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." "I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done." Job 11: 7; Isaiah 55: 8, 9: 46: 9, 10 - Pages 343-344
28. "the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you; searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified before hand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow. Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister." 1Peter 1: 10-12. - Page 344
29. They "inquired and searched diligently," "searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify." "Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister." "inquired and searched diligently" - Page 344
30. "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." Mark 1: 15. That message was based on the prophecy of Daniel 9. The sixty-nine weeks were declared by the angel to extend to "the Messiah the Prince." - Page 345
31. While their announcement was founded on Daniel 9: 25; they did not see, in the next verse of the same chapter, that Messiah was to be cut off. - Page 345
32. He had preached the message of salvation, and "His word was with power."
33. "When I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a light unto. He will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold His righteousness." Yes, the darkness hideth not from Thee; but the night shineth as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to Thee." God hath spoken: "Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness." "I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known; I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them." Micah 7: 8, 9: Psalms 139: 12: 112: 4: Isaiah 42: 16 - Page 346
34. "The time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand," At the expiration of "the time".--the sixty-nine weeks of Daniel 9; which were to extend to the Messiah, "the Anointed One"--And the "kingdom of God" "the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the Most High:" "all dominions shall serve and obey Him." Daniel 7: 27 - Page 347
35. 'touched with the feeling of our infirmities," the apostle says: "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace." Hebrews 4: 15, 16 - Page 347
36. "When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the throne of His glory; and before Him shall be gathered all nations." Matthew 25: 31, 32 - Page 347
37. "It is finished," "spake as never man spake," "a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest." Luke 22: 24 - Page 348
38. "beginning at Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself." Luke 24: 27 "begotten again into a lively hope" "sure word of prophecy." - Page 349
39. What a change was wrought in the hearts of the disciples as they looked once more on the loved countenance of their Master! Luke 24: 32. found Him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write. "were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God." - Page 350
40. "strong consolation," a hope which was as "an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast" Hebrews 6: 18, 19
41. "persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature," would be able to separate them from "the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." "In all these things," they said, "we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us." Romans 8: 37, 38, 39. "The word of the Lord endureth forever." 1 Peter 1: 25. And "who is he that comdemneth? It is Christ that died, yes rather, that is risen again, who is ever at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us." Romans 8: 34. Saith the Lord, "My people shall never be ashamed." Joel 2: 26. "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30: 5 - Page 350
42. "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel," adding, "Lo, I am with you always" Mark 16:15: Matthew 28: 20.
43. "able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think," the joy of "bringing many sons unto glory," an "eternal weight of glory," to which, says Paul, "our light affliction, which is but for a moment," is "not worthy to be compared." who preached the "gospel of the kingdom" The time is fulfilled, the kingdom of God is at hand. - Page 351
44. In explaining Daniel 8: 14, "Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed," Says Jesus: "My reward is with Me, to give every man according as his work shall be," Revelation 22: 12. that is announced in the first angel's message of Revelation 14: 7: "Fear God, and give glory to Him for the hour of His judgment is come." - Page 352
45. "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand," based on the prophecy of Daniel 9. preached the message based on Daniel 8: 14 and Revelation 14: 7, and failed to see that there were still other messages brought to view in Revelation 14. at the expiration of the 2300 days. - Page 353
46. "end of the Lord". "very pitiful, and of tender mercy" "are mercy and truth unto such as seek His covenant and His testimonies." - Page 354.